Who We Are
The content of AlliesinRecovery.net is the property of Simon Levine & Co. LLC dba Allies in Recovery (Allies in Recovery). AlliesinRecovery.net is an instructional and social networking service designed to allow Members to learn tools and techniques to use when someone in their life is struggling with substance abuse. Also the site allows Members an opportunity to communicate with others whose lives have been touched by addiction. The services offered by Allies in Recovery (“Allies in Recovery” or “we”) include the AlliesinRecovery.net website (the Site) and any other features, content, or applications offered from time to time by Allies in Recovery in connection with the Site (collectively, the “Allies in Recovery Services”). Allies in Recovery services are hosted in the United States of America.
Allies in Recovery is not a certified or licensed healthcare provider. Allies in Recovery is not a treatment facility. Allies in Recovery is not a medical organization. Our staff cannot give you medical advice or diagnostic care, services, or supplies related to the health of an individual. Nothing contained in this Website, any Software, or our services should be construed as such medical advice or diagnostic care, services, or supplies related to the physical or mental health of an individual. We specifically disclaim any medical knowledge or affiliation. The information presented and generated by us is educational and should never be a substitute for medical or psychological physician consultation, evaluation, diagnosis or treatment. Please consult with your M.D. before, during, and after visiting our site.
No Guarantee of Specific Results
At Allies in Recovery, we will do our best to provide our Members with accurate information, tools and techniques. We disclaim any specific outcome. We do not guarantee that you will achieve the outcome you seek from use of our Site. We do not promise or guarantee that you will be cured or that the treatment will be successful. We do not guarantee any particular result or that our tools and techniques will work with your loved one.
1. your electronic mail (“email”) address
2. credit card and/or PayPal information (if you are purchasing products through the Site)
3. responses to questions that you are asked in any protocol, skill-building activity, or test
4. any information that you may provide in a form on the Site
5. the Internet Protocol address from which you accessed the Site
6. contents of queries
7. the items you clicked on the applicable web page
Cookies and Related Data
Some of the information we collect via the Site is gathered and maintained through the use of “cookies” and other methods. A “cookie” is a small file that is saved on your computer and which may contain information about you, or about your use of the Site, such as the page you most recently visited. As a result, we are able to (i) recognize you when you access the Site so that you do not have to re-enter your personal or other information each time you visit the Site, (ii) customize and personalize the content we make available to you, (iii) maintain the “state” of your current visit (e.g., to maintain a list of your most recent questions, searches or the items in your “shopping basket”), and (iv) alert you to new features of the Site, such as webinars and polls.
In addition, we may collect certain non-personal data in connection with the Site. For example, we may collect information on the browser that you use to access the Site, the operating system that you are running, and certain information about the Site you accessed immediately before you accessed the Site.
Posting to Public Areas of Website
Please remember that if you post any of your personal information in public areas of the Site, such as in online forums or blogs, such information may be viewed, shared, collected and used by others over whom we have no control. We are not responsible for the use made by third parties of information you post or otherwise make available in public areas of the Site. By using these areas of the Site, you are waiving your right to privacy relative to information you post there.
Our Use of Your Information
For each institution who sponsors members of this Site, we may aggregate the responses of their members to the tests, along with other non-personal data of the Members to create anonymous aggregated data, and provide the anonymous aggregated data to the institution. For any member, we may aggregate your non-personal data with the non-personal data of our other members. We also collect and analyze general traffic patterns within our Site to help maintain the flow and content of the Site, and we may use some or all of this anonymous aggregated information to support our commercial activities or for any other reason.
We are a private entity not affiliated with any public agency or with the federal, state or municipal government. In the event that you are becoming a Member of our Site through or by invitation of a public agency or the federal, state or town government or any municipal organization, we welcome you; however please be advised that we are providing services to the governmental organization by contract and we are not a public agency or governmental affiliate. We are not responsible for the actions or inactions of the governmental entity of any nature including the privacy and security of information which you may supply to the public or governmental agency.
We will never sell or rent your private information.
Links to Other Sites
The mention of certain books, videos or audio recordings on our site sometimes incorporates a link to amazon.com. Should a member choose to make a purchase of one of the products we have highlighted, following this redirection to amazon.com, a percentage of their purchase will be used to support alliesinrecovery.net (via the amazon affiliates program).
Information from Children
We do not knowingly solicit or collect information from any individuals under the age of 14, nor do we provide any of our products or services to individuals under the age of 14. If you believe that we have inadvertently collected any such information, or provided any such products or services, please contact us immediately so that we may delete the information.
Our Commitment to Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access to your personally identifiable information, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of such information, we have put in place certain physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect, although no system is completely secure. We urge you to take adequate precautions to protect your personal data, which should include never sharing your username and password with anyone.
How to Access or Correct Your Information
You can access your personally identifiable information that we have collected through the Site and that we still maintain, by contacting us as described below in “How to Contact Us.” You can correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by sending us a request that credibly shows that our records are incorrect, although we may refuse such requests in our discretion. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to your personally identifiable information or permitting you to make corrections.
How to Contact Us
- Name: Administrator
- Address: 69 Prospect St. #32 Northampton, MA 01060
- Phone: 413-272-8170
- Fax: 866-379-9402
Terms & Conditions of Use
Allies in Recovery may modify this Agreement from time to time and such modification shall be effective upon posting on the Allies in Recovery Site. You agree to be bound to any changes to this Agreement when you use Allies in Recovery Services after any such modification is posted. It is therefore important that you review this Agreement regularly to ensure you are updated as to any changes.
This Site is protected by the copyright under the United States and foreign laws. Title to the Site remains with Allies in Recovery. Any use of the Site not expressly permitted by these terms and conditions is a breach of these terms of conditions and may violate copyright, trademark and other laws. The Site and its features are subject to change or termination without notice in the editorial discretion of Allies in Recovery. If you violate any of these terms and conditions, your permission to use the Site automatically terminates.
This Site is being presented for your personal use. Allies in Recovery grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, limited right and license to access the Site for your personal use only. Allies in Recovery reserves the right to refuse service, remove or edit content, or cancel memberships in our sole discretion.
1. No Reproduction of Materials. The material on the Site is protected under state and federal copyright and trademark law. By accessing the material on the Site, you do not obtain any ownership interest or rights to the material found on the website, nor are you permitted to create any derivative works of such material. All rights to the content of the site, or the content or material thereon, automatically terminates the permission or license granted by us hereunder. Copyright and trademark infringement are violations of federal and state law, and are subject to criminal and civil penalties.
2. Liability of Allies in Recovery and its Licensors. The use of the Allies in Recovery Sit is at your own risk.
When using the Allies in Recovery Site, information will be transmitted over a medium which is beyond the control and jurisdiction of Allies in Recovery. Accordingly, Allies in Recover assumes to liability for or relating to the delay, failure, interruption or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with use of the Allies in Recovery Site.
The Allies in Recovery Site is provided on an “as is” basis. Allies in Recovery to the fullest extent permitted by law, disclaims all warranties, either express or implied, statutory or otherwise, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, non-infringement of third parties rights and fitness for a particular purpose. Specifically, Allies in Recovery makes no representations or warranties about the following:
A. The effectiveness, accuracy, reliability, completeness, currentness or timeliness of the content, text, graphics, links, or communications provided on or through the use of the Site.
B. The effectiveness of the Site in helping you to reach a personal goal.
In no event, shall Allies in Recovery, its licensors or any third parties mentioned on the Allies in Recovery site be liable for any damages (including without limitation, incidental and consequential damages, personal injury/wrongful death, lost profits, or damages resulting from lost data or business interruption) resulting from the use or inability to use the site, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory, and whether or not Allies in Recovery is advised of the possibility of such damages. Allies in Recovery is not liable for any personal injury, including death, caused by the use of misuse of the Site. Any claims arising in connection with your use of the Site must be brought within one year of the date of the event giving rise to such action occurred. Remedies under these Terms and Conditions are exclusive and are limited to those expressly provided for in these Terms and Conditions.
All content included as a part of the site, such as text, graphics, logos, images, as well as the compilation thereof, and any software used on the site, is the property of Allies in Recovery or its suppliers and protected by copyright and other laws that protect intellectual property and proprietary rights. You agree to observe and abide by all copyright and other proprietary notices, legends or other restrictions contained in any such content and will not make any changes thereto.
You will not modify, publish, transmit, reverse engineer, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit any of the content, in whole or in part, found on the Site. Allies in Recovery content is not for resale. Your use of the Site does not entitle you to make any unauthorized use of the Site or of any protected content, and in particular you will not delete or alter any proprietary rights or attribution notices in any content. You will use protected content solely for your business use, and will make no other use of the content without express written permission of Allies in Recovery. You agree that you do not acquire any ownership rights in any protected content. We do not grant you any licenses, express or implied, to the intellectual property of Allies in Recovery or our licensors except as expressly authorized by these terms and conditions
4. General Restrictions. You may not transfer, copy or display the content, except as permitted herein. In addition, you may not sell, rent, lease, distribute, broadcast, sublicense or otherwise assign any right to the content to any third party. You may not remove any proprietary notices or label on the Site. You may not attempt to disable, bypass, modify, defeat, or otherwise circumvent any digital rights management system used as part of the Site or use the Site for any illegal purpose.
5. Member Submissions. You agree that you will not upload or transmit any communications or content of any type that infringes or violates any rights of any party. You agree that such submission is non-confidential for all purposes. If you make such submission, you are warranting that the owner of such content has expressly granted Allies in Recovery a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide non-exclusive right to use, reproduce, create derivative works from, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform and display the communication or content in any media or medium, or any form or format now known or hereafter developed.
6. Allies in Recovery Electronic Communications. Visiting the Site or sending emails to Allies in Recovery constitutes electronic communications. You consent to receive electronic communications and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically, via email and on the Site, satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
7. Advertising and Links to Other Sites. Allies in Recovery does not endorse the content of any third party website. Allies in Recovery is not responsible for the content of links, third-party sites, sites framed within the Allies in Recovery Site or third-party advertisements and does not make any representations regarding their content or accuracy. Your use of third-party websites is at your own risk. Allies in Recovery does not endorse any product advertised on the Allies in Recovery Site.
8. Profile Postings. Please choose carefully the information you post on AlliesinRecovery.net and that you provide to other Members. Your AlliesinRecovery.net profile may not include the following items: telephone numbers, street addresses, first or last names, and any photographs of any kind, including those that contain nudity, or obscene, lewd, excessively violent, harassing, sexually explicit or otherwise objectionable subject matter. Despite this prohibition, information provided by other AlliesinRecovery.net Members (for instance, in their Profile) may contain inaccurate, inappropriate, offensive or sexually explicit material, products or services, and Allies in Recovery assumes no responsibility or liability for this material. If you become aware of misuse of Allies in Recovery Services by any person, please contact Allies in Recovery or click on the “Report Inappropriate Content” link at the bottom of any AlliesinRecovery.net page.
Allies in Recovery reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post, or remove any posting (including private messages) by you, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of Allies in Recovery Services at all time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability. Allies in Recovery expressly reserves the right to remove your profile and/or restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to any party of the Allies in Recovery Services if we determine, in our sole discretion, that you pose a threat to Allies in Recovery and/or its Members.
9. Eligibility. Use of and Membership in Allies in Recovery Services is void where prohibited. By using Allies in Recovery Services, you represent and warrant that (a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; (c) you are 14 years of age or older; and (d) your use of the Allies in Recovery Services does not violate any applicable law or regulation. Your profile may be deleted and your Membership may be terminated without warning, if we believe that you are under 14 years of age.
10. Term. This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use Allies in Recovery Services or are a Member. You may terminate your Membership at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions on the Member’s “My Account” à Settings” page. Allies in Recovery may terminate your Membership at any time, without warning. Even after Membership is terminated, this Agreement will remain in effect.
11. Fees. You acknowledge that Allies in Recovery reserves their right to charge for the Allies in Recovery Services and to change its fees from time to time at its discretion. If Allies in Recovery terminates your Membership because you have breached the Agreement, you shall not be entitled to the refund of any unused portion of subscription fees.
12. Password. When you sign up to become a Member, you will also be asked to choose a password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You agree not to use the username or password of another Member at any time or to disclose your password to any third party. You agree to notify Allies in Recovery immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your account or access to your password. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your account.
13. Non-Commercial Use by Members. The Allies in Recovery Services are for the personal use of Members only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by Allies in Recovery. Illegal and/or unauthorized use of Allies in Recovery Services, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of Members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorized framing of or linking to the Allies in Recovery Site is prohibited. Commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from Member profiles without notice and may result in termination of Membership privileges. Appropriate legal action will be taken for any illegal or unauthorized use of Allies in Recovery Services.
14. Proprietary Rights in Content on Allies in Recovery.
A. Allies in Recovery does not claim any ownership rights in the text, files, images, video, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, or any other materials (collectively, “Content”) that you post to AlliesinRecovery.net. After posting your Content to AlliesinRecovery.net, you continue to retain all ownership rights in such Content, and you continue to have the right to use your Content in any way you choose. By displaying or publishing (“posting”) any Content on or through AlliesinRecovery.net, you hereby grant to Allies in Recovery a limited license to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such Content solely on and through Allies in Recovery Services.
Without this license, Allies in Recovery would be unable to provide Allies in Recovery Services. For example, without the right to modify Member Content, Allies in Recovery would not be able to digitally compress music files that Members submit or otherwise format Content to satisfy technical requirements, and without the right to publicly perform Member Content, Allies in Recovery could not allow members to listen to music posted by Members. The license you grant to Allies in Recovery is non-exclusive (meaning you are free to license your Content to anyone else in addition to Allies in Recovery), fully-paid and royalty-free (meaning that Allies in Recovery is not required to pay you for the use on the Allies in Recovery Services of the Content that you post), sublicensable (so that Allies in Recovery is able to use its affiliates and subcontractors such as Internet content delivery networks to provide Allies in Recovery Services), and worldwide (because the Internet and the Allies in Recovery Services are global in reach). This license will terminate at the time you remove your Content from AlliesinRecovery.net. The license does not grant Allies in Recovery the right to sell your Content, nor does the license grant Allies in Recovery the right to distribute your Content outside of Allies in Recovery Services.
B. You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Content posted by you on or through Allies in Recovery Services or otherwise have the right to grant to license set forth in this section, and (ii) the posting of your Content on or through Allies in Recovery Services does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person by reason of any Content posted by you to or through the Allies in Recovery Services.
C. AlliesinRecovery.net contains Content of members and other Allies in Recovery licensors. Except for Content posted by you, you may not copy, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any Content appearing on or through Allies in Recovery Services.
THIS SITE MAKES CHATROOMS, FORUMS, MESSAGE BOARDS AND NEWS GROUPS AVAILABLE TO ITS MEMBERS. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT ANY INFORMATION THAT IS DISCLOSED IN THESE AREAS BECOMES PUBLIC INFORMATION AND MEMBERS SHOULD EXERCISE CAUTION WHEN DECIDING TO DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION.
D. Allies in Recovery may delete any content that in the sole judgment of Allies in Recovery violates this Agreement or which may be offensive, illegal or violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of any person. Allies in Recovery assumes no responsibility for monitoring Allies in Recovery Services for inappropriate Content or conduct. If at any time Allies in Recovery chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor the Allies in Recovery Services, Allies in Recovery nonetheless assumes no responsibility for the Content, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate Content, and no responsibility for the conduct of the Member submitting any such Content.
E. You are solely responsible for the Content that you post on or through any of the Allies in Recovery Services, and any material or information that you transmit to other Members and for your interactions with other members. Allies in Recovery does not endorse and has no control over the Content. Content is not necessarily reviewed by Allies in Recovery prior to posting and does not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of Allies in Recovery. Allies in Recovery makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the Content or to the accuracy and reliability of the Content or any material or information that you transmit to other Members.
15. Content/Activity Prohibited. The following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited to post on or through Allies in Recovery Services. Allies in Recovery reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in Allies in Recovery’s sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the AlliesinRecovery.net website and terminating the Membership of such violators. Prohibited Content includes, but is not limited to Content that, in the sole discretion of Allies in Recovery:
A. is patently offensive and promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
B. harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
C. exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
D. contains nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter or contains a link to an adult website;
E. solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
F. provides any telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, URLs or email addresses;
G. promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
H. promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protected devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
I. involves the transmission of “junk mail,” “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, “spimming,” or “spamming”;
J. contains restricted or password-only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
K. furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
L. Solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other members;
M. involves commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
N. includes a photograph of another person that you have posted without that person’s consent.
16. Illegal/Prohibited Activities. The following is a partial list of the kind of activity that is illegal or prohibited on the Allies in Recovery site and through your use of Allies in Recovery Services. Allies in Recovery reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in Allies in Recovery’s sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, reporting you to law enforcement authorities. Prohibited activity includes, but is not limited to:
A. Criminal or tortuous activity, including child pornography, fraud, trafficking in obscene material, drug dealing, gambling, harassment, stalking, spamming, spimming, sending of viruses or other harmful files, copyright infringement, patent information, or theft of trade secrets;
B. Advertising to, or solicitation of, any Member to buy or sell any products or services through Allies in Recovery Services. You may not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other Members. It is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from Allies in Recovery Services in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any Member without their prior explicit consent. In order to protect our Members from such advertising or solicitation, Allies in Recovery reserves the right to restrict the number of emails which a Member may send to other Members in any 24-hour period to a number which Allies in Recovery deems appropriate in its sole discretion. If you breach this Agreement and send unsolicited bulk email, instant messages or other unsolicited communications of any kind through the Allies in Recovery Services, you acknowledge that you will have caused substantial harm to Allies in Recovery, but that the amount of such harm would be extremely difficult to ascertain. As a reasonable estimation of such harm, you agree to pay Allies in Recovery $50.00 for each such unsolicited email or other unsolicited communication you send through the Allies in Recovery Services;
C. Any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to add friends or send comments or messages;
D. Interfering with, disrupting, or creating an undue burden on Allies in Recovery Services or the networks or services connected to Allies in Recovery Services;
E. Attempting to impersonate another Member or person;
F. Using the username or password of another Member at any time or disclosing your password to any third party or permitting any third party to access your account;
G. Selling or otherwise transferring your profile;
H. Using any information obtained from Allies in Recovery Services in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person;
I. Displaying an advertisement on your profile, or accepting payment or anything of value from a third person in exchange for your performing any commercial activity on or through Allies in Recovery Services on behalf of that person, such as placing commercial content on your profile, posting blogs or bulletins with a commercial purpose, selecting a profile with a commercial purpose, or sending private messages with a commercial purpose; or
J. Using Allies in Recovery Services in a manner inconsistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
17. Disclaimers. Allies in Recovery is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted on the Allies in Recovery Site or in connection with Allies in Recovery Services, whether caused by members of Allies in Recovery Services or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in Allies in Recovery Services. Profiles created and postings made by Members on the Allies in Recovery Site may contain links to other websites. Allies in Recovery is not responsible for the Content, accuracy or opinions expressed on such websites, and such websites are in no way investigated, monitored, or checked for accuracy or completeness by Allies in Recovery. Inclusion of any linked website on Allies in Recovery Services does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked website by Allies in Recovery. When you access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk. Allies in Recovery takes no responsibility for third party advertisements that are posted on the Allies in Recovery Site or through Allies in Recovery Services, nor does it take any responsibility for the goods or services provided by its advertisers. Allies in Recovery is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any Member of Allies in Recovery Services. Allies in Recovery assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any Member communication. Allies in Recovery is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or players due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any of Allies in Recovery Services or combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Members or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading materials in connection with Allies in Recovery Services. Under no circumstances shall Allies in Recovery be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from use of Allies in Recovery Services, attendance at an Allies in Recovery event, from any Content posted on or through Allies in Recovery Services, or from the conduct of any Members of Allies in Recovery Services, whether online or offline. Allies in Recovery Services are provided “AS-IS” and as available and Allies in Recovery expressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Allies in Recovery cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of Allies in Recovery Services.
18. Limitation on Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL ALLIES IN RECOVERY BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, EVEN IF ALLIES IN RECOVERY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, ALLIES IN RECOVERY’S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO ALLIES IN RECOVERY FOR THE ALLIES IN RECOVERY SERVICES DURING THE TERM OF MEMBERSHIP.
19. Member Disputes. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Allies in Recovery Members. Allies in Recovery reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Members.
20. Disputes. If there is any dispute about or involving Allies in Recovery Services, you agree that the dispute shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, USA, without regard to conflict of law provisions and you agree to exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue in the state and federal courts of the United States located in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Either Allies in Recovery or you may demand that any dispute between Allies in Recovery and you about or involving Allies in Recovery Services must be settled by arbitration utilizing the dispute resolution procedures of the American Arbitration Association (AAA), provided that the foregoing shall not prevent Allies in Recovery from seeking injunctive relief in a court of competent jurisdiction.
21. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and hold Allies in Recovery, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of Allies in Recovery Services in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations or warranties set forth above and/or if any Content that you post on the Allies in Recovery Site or through the Allies in Recovery Services causes Allies in Recovery to be liable to another.
22. Other. This Agreement is accepted upon your use of the Allies in Recovery Site or any of Allies in Recovery Services and is further affirmed by your becoming a Member. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Allies in Recovery regarding the use of the Allies in Recovery Services. The failure of Allies in Recovery to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The sections titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. Allies in Recovery is a trademark of Simon Levin & Co LLC dba Allies in Recovery. This Agreement operates to the fullest extent permissible by law. If any provision of this Agreement is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision is deemed severable from this Agreement and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
23. General. Allies in Recovery is based in Northampton, Massachusetts in the United States of America. Allies in Recovery makes no claims that the Site is appropriate or may be downloaded outside of the United States. Access to the Site may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Allies in Recovery Site from outside the United States, you do so at your own risk and you are solely responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction. All of the provisions of this Agreement survive the expiration or termination of the terms and conditions for any reason whatsoever.
24. Jurisdiction. You expressly agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with Allies in Recovery, or in any way relating to your use of the Allies in Recovery site, resides in the Courts of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and you further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the Courts of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in connection with any dispute including any claim involving Allies in Recovery or its affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, contractors, officers, directors, telecommunication providers and content providers.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without respect to its conflicts of law principles, If any provisions of these Terms and Conditions are found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not effect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any of these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or any other term or condition.
Complete Agreement, Except as Expressly Provided in a Particular “Legal Notice” on the Allies in Recovery Site
These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire Agreement between you and Allies in Recovery with respect to the use of the Allies in Recovery Site. Your use of the Allies in Recovery Site is also subject to the Allies in Recovery disclaimers and policies posted herewith.
Thank you for your cooperation. We hope you find the Allies in Recovery Site informative.
The information contained in this Site represents the current view of Allies in Recovery as of the date of publication. The information provided in this Site, including information provided by advertisers, is provided on an “as is” basis without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and freedom from infringement. The User assumes the entire risk as to the accuracy and the use of this Site. The Site is based on independent and diligent analysis of Allies in Recovery and relies on information supplied by sources believed to be reliable. The editors, authors, researchers, and others affiliated with this Site may have an ownership interest in Allies in Recovery and perhaps in the other entities that advertise on this Site. Allies in Recovery has received a fee to provide advertising.